About 16 oz. of juice

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Welcome to Sarah's juicing blog!

I'm very excited to share my juicing experience with you! I have decided to take this on because I want to see if my health- including energy level, digestion, and back and neck pain- can be improved by eating more nutrient-dense foods. Consuming fruits and vegetables in juice form allows one to take in a whole lot of nutrients at one time.

For the next eight weeks I will be attempting to consume as much raw juice as possible, beginning with five days of "juice fasting." This will hopefully flush toxins out of my body and give me a fresh start on my new eating habits.

To start, I gathered some stats about myself to see how they compare with my stats after these eight weeks:

Weight: 152.5 lb.
Cholesterol: 182
Blood Pressure: 107/60
BMI: 21.9

These are all normal. Since people tend to lose weight rapidly on a juice fast, I am going to monitor my BMI and make sure it doesn't fall below 19, which is borderline underweight.

Please check out the links on the bottom of the page, and of course, feel free to contribute to the blog with any comments, including suggestions you may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment